Del Mar Photonics - Newsletter
How to choose MCP detector
Open Microchannel Plate Detector
now in stock!
Del Mar Photonics has strong experience in the supply of Microchannel Plates (MCP) and MCP detectors for variety of applications.
Please tell us about your application and requirements so we can answer with detailed proposal in a timely manner:
1. What type of particles/photons you plan to detect?
2. What is the expected energy of the particles at the entrance of MCP detector?
3. Tell us about the flux of the particles: is it continuous or pulsed? how many particles per second or per pulse? in case of pulsed signal how long is the pulse and what is the pulse duration and repetition rate.
4. Do you require detection or imaging of the particles? The required time
resolution will detrming if you need standard or special fast anode.
5. If you need to image or profile particle beam we offer MCPs together phosphor screens (standard P20, P43 and P47 as well as many others). Choice of phosphor is usually dictated by what readout (CCD or PMT) will be used.
6. If you need fast imaging we can offer special phosphors - please indicate
required imaging speed.
7. Do you need stand alone or flange mounted MCP detectors with high voltage feedthroughs. In case of imaging applications flange mounted detectors are supplied on a viewport.
8. What is the required active area of the detector?
9. Do you required configurations with single, double or z stack MCP detectors? If you are not sure, your answers to the previous questions will help us to offer you the right configuration.
Request a quote
To see few example of the MCP detectors that we offer please browse through the following pages:
Plates and Detectors General Description -
Open MCP Detectors with Metal Anode MCP-MA25 - MCP-MA34
Open MCP Image Intensifier with Luminescent Screen MCP-GPS25 - flange welded
Open MCP Image Intensifiers MCP-GPS46 and MCP-IFP46 series
Open MCP Image Intensifier MCP-GPS 70x90 CF8"
Open MCP Assemblies Part Numbers and Price List - buy online
Microchannel Plates Part Numbers and Price List - buy online
Custom Made MCP Detectors and Systems
2 pi Multiple MCP Detector
4 pi MCP Detector -
Beam Imaging Detector (BID) - Position sensitive MCP detectors for two dimensional on-line monitoring of particles and synchrotron radiation beams
Curved Microchannel Plates
Microchannel Plates, Detectors
and Imaging Systems
Examples of research applications:
Studies of the atomic clusters at the University of Virginia - Amber Post
Featured MCP customer: The Castleman Group at PSU
MCP home - MCP references - Absolute ion detection efficiencies of a microchannel plate - How to choose MCP detector
MCP-GPS-46/2-CF6" Open MCP imaging detector mounted on CF6" flange - MCP-GPS and MCP-IFP imaging detectors
MCP-MA - Detecting short proton beam from a picosecond CO2 laser ionized H2 plasma
MCP-MA25/2 are used in aSPECT to study the background
MCP setup for velocity map imaging apparatus
Microchannel Plate Detector (MCP) setup for Plasma Desorption Mass Spectrometry (PDMS)
MCP detector for high resolution ion time-of-flight analysis for measuring molecular velocity distributions
X-ray detection system based on the MCP/phosphor screen assembly
Analysis of biological molecules on surfaces using stimulated desorption photoionization mass spectrometry
MCP detector for laser ablation/ionization experiment
A linear radiofrequency quadrupole ion trap for the cooling and bunching of radioactive ion beams